Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bellin Run 2009

The Bellin Run is one of the largest races in Green Bay (and possibly the state as far as I know). This is also been something that's been a long time tradition. Their site has race records from 1977 (2009 is marked as 33 years).
This race is 10k (which is a little over 6 miles) run/walk. I'm not a runner, so I'm glad there is an option to walk (I'm lucky if I can run a mile-lol). I do love to walk & could walk forever (I actually did a lot of walking with Ziva this summer).
I think since I've moved to GB (which was back in May 2005), I've wanted to participate in the Bellin. Of course there were things that came up/other places I had to be that day or wasn't aware or forgot when the Bellin was/forgot to register. Well 2009 was the year for me as I made a point to remember and participate.
In addition, I walked with my mother-in-law (which was also her first time at the Bellin) and my daughter Ziva, who was 3 months old at the time. I was so happy to have each of them with me and to so proud & honored to participate in such a great event. I hope to do it again next year (That means I won't be accepting weddings June 12, 2010). I have more pictures on my Facebook Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment