Saturday, January 16, 2010

Black & White Film Photography


Where to start . . . where to start??? Throughout college, I studied film photography & learned how to develop in a darkroom setting. This was something I very much enjoyed. Now everything has gone digital & makes things more easier & convenient to "develop" pictures.
The image to the left is actually one I used in my "senior show" at (UW OSH) & poster "Reflections of me" The title of the show explains it all and wish I could show you more images from that if they weren't all in frames. Overall, I found it interesting to do a show of self portraits.
At the time, I feel it was a reflection of me. Even though I was happy (& a happy person), the other side of me was lost, confused, unsure and maybe somewhat depressed about my life & where I wanted it to go. More or less this referred to my relationship with my current boyfriend (who later became my husband). I wasn't sure if I was happy or going to be happy with our situation at the time (we had actually broke up for a short time in between). My emotions were all over the place and all I wanted was only the best for me.
Since then, I am glad I stayed with my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time). I couldn't have asked for anything more.
*****************************************************************************

This was an image from another class show I was in at UW Oshkosh. I'm actually the one to the left of the guy in the black hat (left had side of image).
Don Stolley of Stolley Studios was our teacher for a few years subbing for Ray Spicer. He is a commercial photographer & gave us a lot of incite about digital photography. We also got a chance to utilize his studio and also the big empty warehouse that was connected to it to take photographs.And actually Don helped me get my business going and got me my first wedding Gig.




**************************************

This is Winnie. She was my roommate's dog when I lived in Oshkosh. I tended to photograph her from time to time and I think she photographed well.













*****************************************************************************
This was one of the many photos I took while "touring" Chicago on a class trip. Chicago is such a lively city: lots of people & architecture. I enjoy it there because there is so much going on & so much to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment